RTS customers will soon see improvements and added service to the Henrietta-Jefferson Road corridor in the Town of Henrietta. Existing bus routes being modified are 24/24A Marketplace Mall/East Henrietta and 101 Avon. New routes will be designated 23 Jefferson Rd., 83 Calkins Rd. and 124 Marketplace Limited. The changes are expected to streamline service and provide greater access to key retail, business and residential destinations. Changes will go into effect on Monday, Aug. 31, 2015. RTS has scheduled six information sessions for customers and community residents to learn about the route changes…
Dates of the info sessions are:
- Tuesday, Aug. 4—Marketplace Mall Food Court, 3-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5—Rustic Village Entertaining Center, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6—RTS Transit Center, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 8—RTS Transit Center, 9:30-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 11—RTS Transit Center, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 12—Marketplace Mall Food Court, 3-5 p.m.
- 23 Jefferson Rd. will travel between the RTS Transit Center and the Henrietta Walmart, and will provide new service to Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road. Stops along 23 Jefferson Rd. will include Frontier Commons, Tops Market and the Marketplace Mall on Hylan Dr. Download the Route 23 maps (PDF).
- Route 24 Marketplace Mall/RIT will continue current service to Monroe Community College, Marketplace Mall and RIT (Current route 24 service to the Scottsville Park & Ride will be discontinued.) Download the Route 24 and 124 Maps (PDF).
- 83 Calkins Rd. will provide additional trips to destinations in the Henrietta/Calkins Rd. area; i.e. Wegmans, Frontier Commons and the Henrietta Town Hall. Download the Route 83 and 101 maps (PDF).
- 101 Avon/Rush Park & Ride will continue to serve Avon, Lima, Honeoye Falls and Rush. There will be a new stop at the N.Y. Department of Transportation Rush Park & Ride. The primary morning and evening trips between Avon, Lima, Honeoye Falls, Rush and the RTS Transit Center will be maintained—except for one morning trip, which will be removed. Download the Route 83 and 101 maps (PDF).
The route changes and additions are being made as a result of customer feedback, which was provided at two Public Listening Sessions held in July and August 2014.
In a press release RTS said, “Henrietta-area service changes are part of RTS’ transition from an outdated public transit model and routing system to one that’s highly efficient, and provides service where and when customers need it most.”
For those unable to attend an information session, you can read more at MyRTS.com .
Comments about the proposed changes can be made by contacting RTS Customer Service at (585) 288-1700 or by emailing them at Monroe@myRTS.com.